AYL welcomes volunteers!
We offer a variety of ways in which individual and corporate volunteers can contribute to our mission while strengthening the women we support. Volunteering can vary from short-term opportunities to long-term commitments. For more information please click the link below or contact us.
How Funds are Spent
Your Donations and Gift Helps Women in Transition and At-Risk Teen Girls:
- Start a Small Business
- Attend transformational and educational events
- Product creation and self-publishing
- Prepare for job interviews
- Learn effective communication and presentation skills
- Dress for success and networking etiquette
- Provide access to Empowerment Programs for Wellness and Self Care
- Gain confidence and accountability from volunteer mentors
- Learn financial literacy
- Soft skills for daily life…..and more
Ways To Give
Checks may be made payable to “Activate Your Life” and sent to:
949 East 180th street
Bronx NY 10460
AYL is currently accepting in-kind donations of stationary, journals, books, cosmetics, new toiletry items. We are not accepting clothing. Please check this page regularly as our needs frequently change.
To inquire about making an in-kind donation, please e-mail or call 914 623 8572
Make a Planned Gift
Requests can be made in the form of specific dollar amounts, other kinds of property, a percentage of the estate, or all or a portion of what remains after you have provided for your family. Certain kinds of planned gifts can provide donors with sizable income over a period of many years. Others can help donors (or their heirs) avoid or minimize capital gains, estate, and other taxes. With the advice of a tax or legal professional, a planned gift can benefit donors, their families, and AYL.
For information about making a request to AYL, please contact us at 914 623 8572 or via